Trade successfully with Mexico
With many established markets deeply troubled by economic woes, austerity and falling demand, businesses are increasingly turning their attention to emerging markets for new sales opportunities. To support businesses in this venture, Atradius is publishing a series of reports on trading successfully with some of the world’s leading emerging markets.
'Trade successfully with Mexico', the seventh in the series, looks at ten principles that those seeking to expand their sales strategy into Mexico should follow to avoid the many pitfalls of trading in untried territory:
- Take advantage of Mexico’s Free Trade Agreements
- Get good local representation
- Understand the culture
- Don’t miss out on Mexico’s infrastructure opportunities
- Research the market – what are Mexicans buying?
- Choose the right payment terms
- Get the paperwork right.
- Make an impression
- Don't lose a good customer over a single disputed payment
- Know who you’re selling to
Other published reports in this series:
- Trade successfully with Indonesia
- Trade successfully with Brazil
- Trade successfully with India
- Trade successfully with China
- Trade successfully with Russia
- Trade successfully with Turkey
Credit management knowledge
Payments in Polish
Food sector take
45 days on average.
2015 is expected to be a difficult year for Eastern Europe
Read the PPB for Eastern Europe
Western Europe: around
40% of the value of B2B
invoices in default
Read the PPB for Western Europe
Payments in the German food sector
take 30 days on average
Download our latest free credit management publications, industry analysis and country reports here.