Trade successfully with Indonesia
With many established markets deeply troubled by economic woes, austerity and falling demand, businesses are increasingly turning their attention to emerging markets for new sales opportunities. To support businesses in this venture, Atradius is publishing a series of reports on trading successfully with some of the world’s leading emerging markets.
'Trade successfully with Indonesia', the sixth in the series, looks at ten principles that those seeking to expand their sales strategy into Indonesia should follow to avoid the many pitfalls of trading in untried territory:
- Choose your local agent or distributor carefully
- Adapt your business model to suit the market
- Make a name for yourself
- Consider local representation
- Don't forget to factor in import tariffs...
- ...and abide by import regulations
- When in Rome (and Jakarta)...
- Resolve any disputes over payment efficiently
- Don't lose a valuable customer over a single late payment
- Be competitive - but protect your sales
Other published reports in this series:
- Trade successfully with Brazil
- Trade successfully with India
- Trade successfully with China
- Trade successfully with Russia
- Trade successfully with Turkey