Trade successfully with China
With many established markets deeply troubled by economic woes, austerity and falling demand, businesses are increasingly turning their attention to emerging markets for new sales opportunities. To support businesses in this venture, Atradius is publishing a series of reports on trading successfully with some of the world’s leading emerging markets.
‘Trade successfully with China’, the third in the series, looks at ten principles that those seeking to expand their sales strategy into China should follow to avoid the many pitfalls of trading in untried territory:
- Beware of import restrictions
- Verify your counterparty’s authority
- It’s all about the money
- Comply with Chinese competition law
- Secure your payment
- Protect your intellectual property
- Choose your law and court
- Tariffs can be a deal-breaker
- A local presence can increase your sales
- Protect your credit sales
Later in 2012, Atradius will publish further reports in this series: on India and Brazil.