Trade successfully with Brazil
With many established markets deeply troubled by economic woes, austerity and falling demand, businesses are increasingly turning their attention to emerging markets for new sales opportunities. To support businesses in this venture, Atradius is publishing a series of reports on trading successfully with some of the world’s leading emerging markets.
‘Trade successfully with Brazil’, the fifth in the series, looks at ten principles that those seeking to expand their sales strategy into Brazil should follow to avoid the many pitfalls of trading in untried territory:
- Choose the law you feel comfortable with
- Understand the Brazilian way
- Regulation, regulation, regulation
- Consider local representation
- Comply with competition laws
- Be sure the right people approve
- Secure your payment
- Seek good tax advice
- Consider where you want to resolve any disputes
- Get covered
- Trade successfully with India
- Trade successfully with China
- Trade successfully with Russia
- Trade successfully with Turkey
The series will continue in 2013.
We have also recently published a country report on Brazil
Credit management knowledge
2015 is expected to be a difficult year for Eastern Europe
Read the PPB for Eastern Europe
Western Europe: around
40% of the value of B2B
invoices in default
Read the PPB for Western Europe
Insolvencies in the US
expected to decrease 5% in 2014.
Read the latest Market Monitor
Payments in Polish
Food sector take
45 days on average.
Download our latest free credit management publications, industry analysis and country reports here.